Introduction to La Quinta Inn Oceanfront
La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront is one of the best beach-side hotels in the area and it overlooks the famous Cocoa Beach Pier. If you are interested in the La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, check rates, view our own maps, pictures and videos, enjoy our own unbiased comments and read Tripadvisor reviews.
A beach-front property located in the Northern Cocoa Beach area only 4.5 miles from the cruise terminals. The location is wonderful within walking distance of the famous Cocoa Beach Pier, several restaurants, bars, grocery stores and liquor stores.
Please look at our INTERACTIVE MAP for exact locations of the places mentioned below.
Across A1A is a Publix grocery store and liquor store as well as several very good restaurants. Do check with the front desk if they have discount vouchers for any of the nearby restaurants or shops:
- Coasters Taphouse – very popular sports bar with excellent food and many beers, wine and liquor on tap and bottled
- Kim Bo Chinese – the best Chinese food around. Mostly takeouts but friendly and clean
- Flavors of India – with authentic Indian cuisine – very good food!
- El Buzo – good Peruvian food in a plain unpretentious setting
- Salsas Mexican – there are many Mexican restaurant in the area and this one has nice décor with a comfortable bar. Good food and affordable drinks.
Near A1A, there are 2 more restaurants:
- Cocoa Beach Ale House – the bar is fine with a good selection of drinks but the restaurant is hit or miss. Despite the traffic the outside seating area is nice on a pleasant day.
- Ohana J’s Steak and Seafood – another restaurant well-known for its inconsistency and reviews reflect this. A bit expensive for what you get. Located at the Best Western Hotel.
At Cocoa Beach Pier you have a choice of several eateries. Let’s be honest, the area is touristy and the food is typical of touristy areas along the Florida coast but the setting is worth the extra costs for sometimes average food! Watching local surfers play in the waves below while you sip a cocktail is priceless! Nothing will put your mind in cruise mood faster than that!
Pier Points To Ponder:
- There is a$2 charge (free when you have a drink receipt) to walk out on the pier beyond the restaurants. When paying you get a $2 discount token to be used when ordering drinks at the tiki bar!
- You can rent beach chairs, toys and umbrellas from 3 places around the pier. The stall on the north side (in front of La Quinta) is the cheapest!
- You can rent bikes from Trader Ricks but there are cheaper places that deliver to your hotel (please read our bike rental page)
- The pier has 3 small shops for beach wear and beach-related items. For a larger selection, you can visit Beachwave just south of the Holiday Inn on A1A
- If you have a vehicle it is best to park at the hotel and walk or pay $10 -$20 per day until 4pm (cost varies)
If you want to travel to other parts of Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral, Uber is available and recommended. You can also use the local SCAT bus with stops nearby (please read our SCAT Bus page).
Port Shuttle – Yes
Included in Park, Shuttle and Cruise packages for all registered room guests. $7 per person each way. Departure times are 10:30am and 12 noon. They currently use Beach Line Transportation for shuttle services.
Onsite Cruise Parking – Yes
Free parking for guests during their stay. Cruise parking at the hotel is included in Park, Shuttle and Cruise packages.
Restaurants and Bars
None onsite except for the usual Bright Side Breakfast, but there are several other choices within a block or two.
The Ale House is a popular sports bar and restaurant. Across the street near Publix is Coasters Taphouse – one of the most popular restaurant/bars in Cocoa Beach with great food and many beers and wine on tap! A few doors down is Flavors of India with authentic Indian cuisine – very good food! For takeout meals, Kim Bo Chinese is recommended.
Right next door to the south of the hotel is the famous Cocoa Beach Pier with several restaurants/bars and always busy with both locals and visitors! Ohana J’s Steakhouse is fine although not as popular as the others.
Most of the 78 rooms have ocean views but the direct oceanfront executive rooms are special not only because of the views but because the balconies are private. The rooms overlooking the pool have side views of the ocean but their balconies are not really private as you can see in the photos below (the design allow your neighbors to see you on your balcony).
You can generally choose between 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed with a Twin Sofa Bed. The cheapest rooms have the poorest views!
In the photo below, room 607 is an open floor-plan ocean-facing room on the top floor. It has a bedroom on the left in the picture with a King Bed and on the right is the living room with a Queen Sofa Bed and a Twin Sofa Bed.
Room 501 is the ocean-facing room on the far right in the photo below and 508 is the one on the left. The 4th (401 to 408) and 3rd floor (301 to 308) rooms also have great views. All these are called Executive Rooms and you can choose between a King Bed with a Twin Sofa Bed, or Two Queen Beds.
Note the rooms on floor 1 and floor 2 look into the dunes.
In the photo below of the rooms overlooking the pool (most have ocean views too), please look at the two top floors (5 and 6):
- There are two Balcony Suite rooms – one on floor 6 and one on floor 5
- The suite rooms to the right (with the 4 smaller windows) has a separate lounge (with a Queen Sofa Bed and a Twin Sofa Bed) and Twin Queen Beds in the bedroom.
- It has two doors and is numbered (609A and 609 on the top floor) or (509A and 509 on the floor below)
In summary, the rooms in this section are (right to left):
- 609A/609, 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615 and 616 (on the left corner)
- 509A/509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515 and 516
- 409-416. There is a small strange 408A room (no balcony) across from room 408!
You can see the ocean views are gone when you are on floors 3 and 2.
Every room has a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker.
The pool is not big and certainly not private but right next to the beach and it is actually quite attractive with a pool bar on the side!
Show Lowest Rates