Introduction to the Holiday Inn Express
If you are interested in the Holiday Inn Express, check rates, view our own maps, pictures and videos, enjoy our own unbiased comments and read Tripadvisor reviews.
In Cocoa Beach only 0.3 miles from the famous Cocoa Beach Pier (restaurants, bars and shops) and beach (with beach rentals). Please look at our INTERACTIVE MAP for exact locations of the places mentioned below.
Next door is a Publix grocery store and liquor store as well as several good restaurants. Do check with the front desk if they have discount vouchers for any of the nearby restaurants or shops:
- Coasters Taphouse – very popular sports bar with excellent food and many beers, wine and liquor on tap and bottled
- Kim Bo Chinese – the best Chinese food around. Mostly takeouts but friendly and clean
- Flavors of India – with authentic Indian cuisine – very good food!
- El Buzo – good Peruvian food in a plain unpretentious setting
- Salsas Mexican – there are many Mexican restaurant in the area and this one has nice décor with a comfortable bar. Good food and affordable drinks.
- Cocoa Beach Ale House – the bar is fine with a good selection of drinks but the restaurant is hit or miss. Despite the traffic the outside seating area is nice on a pleasant day.
At Cocoa Beach Pier you have a choice of several eateries. Let’s be honest, the area is touristy and the food is typical of touristy areas along the Florida coast but the setting is worth the extra costs for sometimes average food! Watching local surfers play in the waves below while you sip a cocktail is priceless! Nothing will put your mind in cruise mood faster than that!
Pier Points To Ponder:
- There is a $2 charge or use your receipt from one of the other restaurants! When paying you get a $2 discount token to be used when ordering drinks at the tiki bar!
- You can rent beach chairs, toys and umbrellas from 3 places around the pier. The stall on the north side (in front of La Quinta) is the cheapest!
- You can rent bikes from Trader Ricks but there are cheaper places that deliver to your hotel (please read our bike rental page)
- The pier has 3 small shops for beach wear and beach-related items. For a larger selection, you can visit Beachwave just south of the Holiday Inn on A1A
- If you have a vehicle it is best to park at the hotel and walk or pay $10 -$20 per day until 4pm (cost varies)
If you want to travel to other parts of Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral, Uber is available and recommended. You can also use the local SCAT bus with stops near the Holiday Inn (please read our SCAT Bus page).
Port Shuttles – Yes
Operated by Beach Line Transportation. Departs at 10:30am. $7
Onsite cruise parking – Yes
Free parking during stay. Included in cruise packages.
Restaurants and Bars
Complimentary breakfast in the breakfast bar with limited seating inside (a few more tables outside).
4 floors – 60 rooms (including 16 suites)
Two Bedroom VIP Suite – King bed in master bedroom and two queen beds in other bedroom. Living room has a queen sleeper sofa, microwave and fridge. Sleeps 8.
One Bedroom King Suite – King bed in bedroom with privacy door. Living room has a queen sleeper sofa, microwave and fridge. Sleeps 4.
One Bedroom Queen Suite – Two queen beds in bedroom with privacy door. Living room has a queen sleeper sofa, microwave and fridge. Sleeps 5.
Standard Jacuzzi King – King bed with a jacuzzi in room and a queen sleeper sofa, microwave and fridge. Sleeps 2.
Standard King – King bed with a microwave and fridge. Sleeps 2.
Standard Queen – Two Queen beds with a microwave and fridge. Sleeps 2.
The small pool is mostly under cover leaving only a narrow row of pool chairs in the afternoon sun next to a busy road. Your children may be very disappointed!
Show Lowest Rates