Introduction to the Days Inn at Cocoa Beach
If you are interested in the Days Inn Cocoa Beach, check rates, view our own maps, pictures and videos, enjoy our own unbiased comments and read Tripadvisor reviews.
The Days Inn is one of 4 hotels within walking distance of the famous Cocoa Beach Pier and beaches. The location is wonderful within walking distance of the famous Cocoa Beach Pier, several restaurants, bars, grocery stores and liquor stores.
Please look at our INTERACTIVE MAP for exact locations of the places mentioned below.
Across A1A is a Publix grocery store and liquor store as well as several very good restaurants. Do check with the front desk if they have discount vouchers for any of the nearby restaurants or shops:
- Coasters Taphouse – very popular sports bar with excellent food and many beers, wine and liquor on tap and bottled
- Kim Bo Chinese – the best Chinese food around. Mostly takeouts but friendly and clean
- Flavors of India – with authentic Indian cuisine – very good food!
- El Buzo – good Peruvian food in a plain unpretentious setting
- Salsas Mexican – there are many Mexican restaurant in the area and this one has nice décor with a comfortable bar. Good food and affordable drinks.
Near A1A, there are 2 more restaurants:
- Cocoa Beach Ale House – the bar is fine with a good selection of drinks but the restaurant is hit or miss. Despite the traffic the outside seating area is nice on a pleasant day.
- Ohana J’s Steak and Seafood – another restaurant well-known for its inconsistency and reviews reflect this. A bit expensive for what you get. Located at the Best Western Hotel.
At Cocoa Beach Pier you have a choice of several eateries. Let’s be honest, the area is touristy and the food is typical of touristy areas along the Florida coast but the setting is worth the extra costs for sometimes average food! Watching local surfers play in the waves below while you sip a cocktail is priceless! Nothing will put your mind in cruise mood faster than that!
Pier Points To Ponder:
- There is a$2 charge (free when you have a drink receipt) to walk out on the pier beyond the restaurants. TIP – buy drinks at the first bar, take your receipt and walk to the pier drinks in hand!
- You can rent beach chairs, toys and umbrellas from 3 places around the pier. The stall on the north side (in front of La Quinta) is the cheapest!
- You can rent bikes from Trader Ricks but there are cheaper places that deliver to your hotel (please read our bike rental page)
- The pier has 3 small shops for beach wear and beach-related items. For a larger selection, you can visit Beachwave just south of the Holiday Inn on A1A
- If you have a vehicle it is best to park at the hotel and walk or pay $10 -$20 per day until 4pm (cost varies)
If you want to travel to other parts of Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral, Uber is available and recommended. You can also use the local SCAT bus with stops nearby (please read our SCAT Bus page).
Port Shuttle – Yes
Included in Park, Shuttle and Cruise packages for all registered room guests. Departure times are 9:30am, 10:30am and 11:30am on weekends and 10:30am and 11:30am during the work week. Extra persons cost $6 per trip.
ON-Site Parking – Yes
Hotel parking included in Park, Shuttle and Cruise packages.
Restaurants and Bars
None onsite except for the usual continental-style breakfast near the lobby. There are several very good restaurants and bars nearby.
The Ale House is a popular sports bar and restaurant behind the lobby. Across the street near Publix is Coasters Taphouse – one of the most popular restaurant/bars in Cocoa Beach with great food and many beers and wine on tap! A few doors down is Flavors of India with authentic Indian cuisine – very good food!
Just a block to the east is the famous Cocoa Beach Pier with several restaurants/bars and always busy with both locals and visitors! Ohana J’s Steakhouse is fine although not as popular as the others.
For takeout meals, Kim Bo Chinese Is recommended.
Rooms are available in 3 buildings.
The rooms with the best views are located on the 2nd floor of the building facing the Cocoa Beach Pier! Those are room numbers 238 – 251.
A rather simple pool between the 3 buildings.
Show Lowest Rates