Universal Studios Shore Trip
Everything you need to know about visiting Universal Studios as a shore trip from Port Canaveral. It is about 56 miles and should take less than 75 minutes from the Port
Driving Directions to Universal Studios
- Exit the Port and head West on FL-528 W for 52.8 miles. It is a toll road – pay $1.00 + $1.00 +$2.25 (change available).
- Take exit for I-4 East for Downtown/Orlando. Drive 3.1 miles.
- Take exit 75A toward FL-435 South/International Drive
- Turn left at the intersection towards City Walk then look for the parking exit on the right.
- At the entrance booths, decide if you want standard parking ($20), preferred parking (a bit closer to City Walk – $30) or valet parking.
- Once you enter City Walk, keep right for the Universal Studios Florida theme park, or left for Island of Adventure theme park.
Despite the people movers, it is a good 20 minutes of walking from your vehicle, through City Walk with its shops, bars and restaurants to the theme park entrances – and there are 2 security checks (or 3 if you visit both theme parks). Doing it both ways, it is safe to say the entrance/exit procedures alone will take just under an hour. Please keep that in mind if you plan a short day.